Marquita LaFay Hargis, affectionally known as “Boozie” of Salisbury, Maryland departed this life on October 1, 2021 at Tidal Health Peninsula Regional, in Salisbury, Maryland, surrounded by her loving family.
Marquita was born June 12, 1964, in Florida to the late Gloria and Levin Hargis. She relocated to Salisbury, Maryland when she was child. She received her education through the Wicomico County school system. She worked at Hudson Foods and Townsend for several years.
Marquita enjoyed watching her stories, playing jacks, doing word puzzles, watching crime documentaries, and reading. Marquita was fun to be around, and with her, there was never a dull moment.
Left to cherish her memories are four children: Markisha Brown, Michael Brown Jr, Bryan (Aisha) Brown, and Michelle Brown, all of Salisbury, Maryland; nine grandchildren: Michael D. Brown, Bry’an Brown, Aniyah Collins, Maddyson Brown, Rayshawn Gattis, Aleah Brown, Darius Jones Jr., Bryan Brown Jr., Charles Stanley Jr.; two brothers: Gary Hargis and Kirtis Hargis, and a host of nieces and nephews, cousins and friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents: Gloria and Levin Hargis; one brother: Levin Hargis Jr.; two sisters: Jenovera Hargis and Yolanda Hargis-Johnson; and her partner: George Akrins.
Lovingly Submitted by the Family
King James Version
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 .A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 .A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
Note: Howell & Jolley Memorial Chapel, P.A. will comply with the COVID-19 rules regarding masks and safe social distancing. Therefore, anyone attending the viewing and/or funeral services must wear a mask. We will also take temperature.
To send flowers to Marquita's family, please visit our floral store.