Maurice Isaac Blake, began his earthly life on January 15, 1969, in Salisbury, Maryland. He was born to Joyce Ann Poulson and Isaac Blake. He departed this earthly life on July 14, 2023, at his home in Snow Hill, Maryland.
Maurice was affectionately known to family and friends by several names, such as Resse, Ressey, Pork Chop, and Shaft.
Resse was a loving son, brother, uncle, and friend to many. He was kindhearted and would willingly give someone in need the ‘shirt off his back’. Resse loved people and was helpful to many. He had an easygoing disposition; a ready smile, and never met a stranger.
Maurice received his formal education in Worcester County and graduated from Snow Hill High School in 1987.
He worked various jobs such as landscaping, roping trees, and plumbing. For several years, he worked at the Lumbermill in Snow Hill, where he drove a Front End Loader # 744.
Maurice’s early Christian teaching was at Mt. Wesley United Methodist Church, where his family attends.
He had good culinary and baking skills, and he enjoyed barbequing. His specialty was baking chocolate cakes. Maurice loved socializing with his family and friends and being outdoors.
Maurice leaves to cherish loving memories his parents, Joyce Ann Poulson, and Isaac Blake (Ruthie), godmother, Paula Turner, all of Snow Hill, Maryland, sisters, Tokeysha Poulson and Sheree Goodwine, both of Salisbury, Maryland, brothers, Aaron Poulson of Snow Hill, Maryland, Gary Watson and Harold Ayers, both of Salisbury, Maryland, six nephews, three nieces, six aunts and four uncles, all of Snow Hill, Maryland, and a host cousins, other extended relatives and friends.
Maurice was preceded in death by a close friend, Jessica Benton, grandparents, David and Martha Baine, Charles and Margaret Blake, six uncles, Calvin, Sherman, Charles, Wilson Blake, Jerry Copes, and David Lee Baine Jr., and three cousins.
Lovingly Submitted by,
Psalm 23 (A Psalm of David)
1. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
3. He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
4. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
5. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: Thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.